Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ready for the Shanghai Experience

I have set up this blog and hope that I can remain religious with take the time to post. I am becoming extremely excited for classes to being and also the chance to meet the other students in the MAIS program. I have chatted with a couple on skype and they seem to be such great people thus far.

Learning Chinese is turning out to be a very significant chore. I have not devoted the necessary time this week to study in the manner I should. I am confident that I will acquire a sufficient amount of the language before I hope on the jet plane to Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) or 上海浦东国际机场 (pronounced Shànghǎi Pǔdōng Guójì Jīchǎng). My goal is to learn Chinese or Zhōngwén 中文 at a conversational level or above, so that I may be able to obtain a job with the United State's government or with a company that has close relations with the People's Republic of China 中华人民共和国(Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó) or simply known as China 中国 (Zhōngguó).

I will have to wait and see what the future unveils for me, but until then, I will continue to learn Chinese. As of right now I can say simple sentences like, "I am American. My friend is Chinese." 我是美国人。我的朋友是中国人。

No comments:

Post a Comment