Monday, February 28, 2011

A brief Chinese lesson


Here is a little lesson in Chinese.
你好 ni hao hello
早上好 zao shang hao good morning
晚安 wan an good night
再见 zaijian byesee you later
我很累 wo hen lei - I'm tired
我很冷 wo hen leng - I'm cold
我很热 wo hen re - I'm hot
这是什么 zhe shi shenme what is this
我要这个 wo yao zhege I want this
我不要 wo bu yao I don’t want it
这个 zhege this
多少钱 duoshao qian – how much does it cost?
不要欺骗我 bu yao qipian wo don’t cheat me
太贵了 tai gui le - too expensive
我是美国人 wo shi meiguoren I’m American
机场 jichang - airport
中国 zhongguo - China
上海 shanghai - Shanghai
浦西 puxi - west section of Shanghai
浦东 pudong - east section of Shanghai
北京 beijing - Beijing
美国 meiguo - US (beautiful country)
日本 riben  - Japan
韩国 hanguo - Korea
Colors:
红色 hong se
成色 cheng se
黄色 huang se
绿色 lu se
蓝色 lan se
紫色 zi se
黑色 hei se
白色 bai se

Fruit:
苹果 pingguo - apple
成子 chengzi - orange
樱桃 yingtao - cherry
葡萄 putao - grape
橡胶 xiangjiao - banana
西瓜 xigua -  watermelon

Family:
妈妈 mama - mom
爸爸 baba - dad
哥哥 gege - older brother
弟弟 didi - younger brother
姐姐 jiejie - older sister
妹妹 meimei - younger sister
from here it gets more complex. Chinese have words for every member in a family and their position (maternal or paternal).
Numbers:
一yi - 1
二er - 2
三san - 3
四si - 4
五wu - 5
六liu - 6
七qi - 7
八ba - 8
九jiu - 9
十shi - 10
十一shiyi - 11
十二shier - 12
二十ershi 20
二十一ershiyi - 21
百bai - 100

Alright, here is your survival Chinese language course.

No comments:

Post a Comment