Friday, August 13, 2010
got the visa now need the money
I now have my visa. It was quite a "fun" experience. When I walked in I had a flashback of being at the DMV. Take a number, sit down, and wait for the electronic voice to announce it over the speaker. All in all, I only waited about 40-50 minutes. I spent less than three minutes at the counter. She told me thank you and that I should come back at 1:40pm. To get a visa to visit China it costs $130, but if you do a same day rush it is an additional $40. I did the rush because I wanted enough time to handle any potential issues that could arise from my visa. I am almost set to go to China. Just today I realized I need to go to the bank and have my money converted into renminbi or yuan. I am not sure how long it will take for the bank to get the currency. I think I will check in the next hour or so. One week left and I will be on a plane to Shanghai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a beautiful way to follow your travels. Writing is forever and creates lasting memories for all
ReplyDelete