Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hot and humid morning at the Bund


Today was an eventful day. Jenny and I went to the Bund also know as 外滩 (waitan) to have lunch with Jed who is a fellow student in the MAIS program. We took a taxi from Pudong, which cost 41which is about $6. We arrive at the Bund and Jenny did not really now where we were supposed to meet. Needless to say, we never found Jed. It was hot, humid, and I was starving. I was becoming a grumpy mcgrump. We had lunch at Gloria Jeans next to the Mao statue. 

The Bund is quite nice and it had a great view of the Pudong skyline. We took a couple of pictures of the pearl tower. On our way back to Pudong we took the metro. That was our first time and we had a good experience. However, the walk back to our place was about a mile and a half in the humidity. I was extremely sweaty when we finally arrived.

Went to Carrefour for a few things. Later in the evening it rained. Had a late dinner at the Uyghar restaurant.
Overall, I am really enjoying my time in China. Tomorrow I plan on getting out there and being more aggressive. I have not had to speak much Chinese because I have Jenny. She is ABC (American born Chinese), so it has been fairly easy. I want to go look for a gym, look at where I will be working, and maybe go see the Jing’an Temple or the synagogue in Jing’an. 
 Stay tuned for more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a fantastic day. The statue of Mao is so large that it makes everyone seem tiny. When we were there we also took photos standing next to it.

    You're having an amazing adventure!!!!!

    Love you,

    Momma

    ReplyDelete