Since the last post involved dealing with untimely situations, I decided that I should divulge a tragic event that I experienced in Shenzhen.
I was eating at a Chinese restaurant and I was engorged from the ridiculous amounts of food I ate.After awhile I noticed my stomach was tingling. I had a momentary panic attack in the restaurant because I had just recovered from my monthly blast off of 拉肚子 (Lādùzi). I also detest the idea of using a public restroom. The tingling decided that it was going to kick it up a notch from tropical depression to a category three hurricane.
At this point I decided to excuse myself from the table and go to the restroom. The restroom was located on the second story. I was completely relieved because it was after lunch time and no one was eating on the second level. That happiness was short lived as I discovered the toilets were squatters. I quickly got over this because that brewing category three was pushing its way to a category four. Just when I thought the end was in sight I realized there was no toilet paper. Of all the times I have used a public restroom why did this have to be the time there was no toilet paper? By this time Hurricane Katrina was making landfall and there was not much more I could so, so I took my place over the throne and popped a squat. Levees broke, gale force winds were ablowin', and sewage was floating everywhere. On a lighter note...I felt...lighter!
Oh! You want to know what I did to wipe, right? Well, I remained squatted for a few minutes longer because I had no idea what to do next. The only thing I knew was that someone up in the sky hated me by creating such a perfect storm or my problem solving creativity was being tested for Olympic caliber.
Stepping out of the doorless stall I walked into the upstairs dininer area hoping there would be napkins. Again, someone hated me because there was not even a shrivel of paper available. Then, I look to my left and I see two rags used for cleaning tables. I cringed a bit and then I thought about the horrid things my buns were about to introduce to these rags.
I wiped with the first rag and realized I was not being efficient. Who in the world would ever have to think about efficiently using a rag to wipe their tush? I decided that the rag had enough smattering of intestinal after birth. I now implemented the wipe, wipe, rinse method. After a few moments of my new and improved method for wiping the tush and praying no one would com into the bathroom, I was finally done.
I think I spent 15 - 20 minutes in the bathroom. I sincerely hope everyone has an experience just like this. Every moment was just as colorful, if not more, as I have described.
I hope this brings new meaning to the expression, 'shits and giggles.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so proud of the inguinity of my son! It is what it is. Hopefully, the rags went the way of the hurricane and were disposed of. Hate to think there was some new designs on the tables or even worse on the menu the next day.:)
ReplyDeleteI made sure I threw them away. I didn't have the gall to just put them back with brown streaks.
ReplyDelete